A Scarecrow

I was fashioned out of torn clothes,                                                                                                  
and those left over dead branches.                                                                                         
Torn clothes and dead branches decided                                                                                  
to invent me that could yield benevolence.                                                                         
Though physically looks like human                                                                                    
There is nothing inside me,                                                                                                     
Apart from dry leaves and autumn’s hay
That gave way to my shape- structure.                                                                                   
My owner wanted me to fulfill his wishes,
Wishes of unknown and unfamiliar to me,                                                                                  
So he placed me in the middle of his field                                                                            
With the thoughts of certainty in him.                                                                                  
Now I am here in this unknown place,                                                                               
Filled with complete loneliness-isolation,                                                                           
Fully surrounded by those turquoise plants                                                                   
Loaded with several maize fruits.                                                                                        
I am neither not death nor not alive,                                                                                    
And I am either death or alive,                                                                                             
I am death for I cannot breath                                                                                                 
And I am alive for I guard the crops,                                                                                      
I don’t know why they are afraid of me?                                                                                 
For I am not fully alive                                                                                                             
and I know why they are afraid of me?                                                                                 
For I am not fully death.                                                                                                            
I don’t care what the worlds think of me?                                                                              
Not death? Not alive?                                                                                                                
Death?  Alive?                                                                                                                             
But I promise to serve my responsibility                                                                              
with my full missing heart in me.                                                                                           
Hope God will give me the power                                                                                              
the power of complete benevolence                                                                                         
to make his wishes, his mind, to serve his family.

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © THOUGHTFOLIO. Designed by OddThemes